Hello everyone, I thought it would be time for me to share my settings for Oculus Quest! It seems to be running pretty flawlessly as of Unity 2019.1.7! I am assuming with this version you have installed the Android SDK module (and NDK) that is provided. Anyway, here are the steps:
- Create a new project and follow this link as a good base to get started: https://developer.oculus.com/blog/tech-note-unity-settings-for-mobile-vr/
- Under Project Settings/Time, change Fixed Timestep to 0.01388889 and Maximum Allowed Timestep to 1
- Since this is 2019, install the XR Legacy Input Helpers in Window/Package Manager
- I use Minimum API Level to 21 in Project Settings/Player/Other Settings
- Proceed with the cloning of the VRTK v4 repo
The link above is one of the most important as it provides a good starting ground on the project and good settings for Android. I have increased graphics for some applications and eased up on others, just depending on the scene content. For example, I may use 2x anti-aliasing vs 4x (Projects Settings/Quality/Rendering) depending on what I have to work with.
Also, I have NOT installed the Oculus Integration package from the Asset Store until my projects are near completion. I use other stuff for avatars, speech, multiplayer, etc.